The Devil of All Router/Gateway/Modems
That's right folks, I've actually found a piece of hardware that I am coming pretty close to smashing to pieces. This particular piece is called an Actiontec GT701-wg. My particular issue with it is that it is nearly impossible to configure for running webservers. The tech support between the companies that use it is also scarce. Well, I guess that's what I get for going with Qwest, which uses MSN. Why can't people get it right and quit putting those of us who depend on such services in the middle of it!!!. I mean, it's not just the hardware that gets to me, I could probably live with it if the damn tech people at either Qwest or Actiontec would get it straight and respond to problems more effectively.
Another thing, I hate Actiontec; to get any support by phone, you've gotta pay at least half your internet bill. I mean, jeesh, who in their right mind would want to pay $20-30 for tech support?
The other part of this whole mess I despise is the fact that Qwest requires you to use this P.O.S.
Another thing, I hate Actiontec; to get any support by phone, you've gotta pay at least half your internet bill. I mean, jeesh, who in their right mind would want to pay $20-30 for tech support?
The other part of this whole mess I despise is the fact that Qwest requires you to use this P.O.S.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home